Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mission Impossible

So I don't think I'll be able to do a proper update for awhile, at least until I have a grasp on my whole internet situation. Currently, my apartment has no internet and I've just been poaching off of an unsecured wireless connection that keeps floating around here. Or I go to the internet cafe down the street - called Dorothy Comfortable Cafe (hee), and boy is it comfortable. They have free drinks and free ice cream and pillows and blankets and chairs that recline...

Anyway, it's hard to tell when I'll have the time to upload pictures and stuff since I don't have my own internet. I called yesterday to set it up, and like many procedural things in Japan it will take infinitely longer to set up than it would in the US. We'll see what happens on that front.

So, quick recap of what's been happening: Yesterday we went to the beach, a couple days before that we explored the city, and today and tomorrow is the Shan Shan festival.

Oh, okay, fine. Just one picture.

Hakuto Beach! So, I have officially touched the Sea of Japan.

And finally, just a little tidbit about Japan to keep y'all thinking... the microwaves here make toast. Like, actual legitimate toast. As in, I just had toast for breakfast and I made it in the microwave. I don't know how it works, but microwaves here actually cook food. Like a really fast oven. And also instead of beeping to tell me it's finished, it plays a little song. The doorbell does that too.

More coming! Stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. What?!? Toast in the microwave?!? You just blew my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those microwaves ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toast thing is pretty flipping sweet.

    We also just got a fancy Japanese brand new rice cooker that plays a little tune when the rice is done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I know! This whole microwave situation is crazy. We should really have them in the US.

    And I don't know why everything sings when it's finished, but it freaked me out the first time it happened. I thought my phone was ringing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, miss you lots! trying to keep up through your site. sounds like all is well, have fun! keep us posted - hehe - get it - posted

    ReplyDelete