Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh. So this isn't just a super sweet vacation...?

School starts this week! Aaaaah! I'll be expected to do things that resemble work, which I had become accustomed to not doing for the past few weeks. Darn.

So I have tons of blogging to catch up on, and of course, I will not be doing it in this entry. My quick rundown is that I went with a large group of JETs to the mountains, climbed them, and then stayed in a Buddhist temple for the weekend. But I'll get to that after I post about Kyoto.

For now, please accept this humble offering:

FRIENDSHIP by GIRL NEXT DOOR


Click the above link if

1) You thought 80s shoulder pads were bad.

2) You want to see the music video for one of the most popular songs in Japan right now. (Listen for the chorus! "You're my friend, I'm your friend!")

P.S. Internet should be set up this weekend! My very own non-stolen internet! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Wow... Ummmm... So do all Japanese pop songs sound like DDR music?

    Also, is she like 12?? Where are her hips??

    ...is there something you're not telling us, Girl Next Door?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that Japanese pop songs came first, and then DDR music was derived from it.

    Also, she could be 12. Or in her 20s. I can't really tell, ever. I have a working theory that sexual fantasies about high school-aged schoolgirls/schoolboys exist here, because Japanese people that are 15 years old look exactly the same as Japanese people who are 25 years old. So... yeah. Wish I had those genes. Lol.

    ReplyDelete