Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Whatever works

I just realized last night that I have inadvertanly memorized all of the train stops between my city and the next city over. Sometimes, I say them in order over and over again as a kind of mantra. I like to think of it as a way to focus my mind, or steady me after a rough day, or even as a charm to improve my luck for a short time. Not sure how it's really working out, but if belief is power...

Tottori
Koyama
Tottoridaigakumae
Suetsune
Hogi
Hamamura
Aoya
Tomari
Matsuzaki
Kurayoshi

P.S. We had a typhoon today. It wasn't bad enough to cancel school. Boooooo.

2 comments:

  1. Any typhoon ought to be enough. We cancel school here when it snows 1/2 an inch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with the above. If people are likelier than usual to die outside, there should at least be a delay.

    ReplyDelete